PVC Roofing - Flat Roof Replacement
What is PVC Roofing?
PVC Roofing is a flexible single ply roofing membrane made using special UV inhibitors to provide a proven long-term roofing solution. The permanent, watertight heat-welded bonds are stronger than the material itself, which feature woven fiberglass scrim reinforcement. PVC Roofing membranes provide high performance advantages and exceptional resistance to harsh environments at a lower life cycle cost.
PVC roofing systems provide a clean, quick and economical installation with high resistance to fractures, weather elements, extreme temperature ranges and many contaminants. This system provides high strength against breaking and tearing, and resists excessive elongation and sheet deformation during pvc flat roof replacement, installation or recovery. Used successfully for over 45 years in the industry, PVC Single Ply Membranes hold the longest track record of successful installations among all types of thermoplastic single ply roofing membranes.
This type of roof is available in different colours like white grey or black and it can be manufactured in wide rolls to minimize the number of seams. The colour options are not for aesthetics but reflectivity. A white reflective roof easily exceeds the energy star reflectivity rating performance requirements.
PVC Roofing - The Eco-Friendly Choice
PVC is one of the most durable waterproofing options. It is a product that has proven it can serve its purpose for a longer period of time without need for replacement. This type of roofing also has an established end-of-life recycling program that converts the old membrane back into roofing membrane products. More in the way of environmentally friendliness, 47% of the PVC resins raw materials are derived from petroleum, less than any other single ply membrane. The remaining 53% are derived from salt. As with most roofing materials, it is naturally fire retardant and will self extinguish with the removal of the flame source.
Pros and Cons of PVC Roofing Systems
- Strength – PVC roofs are very strong.
- Resistant to chemical damage. Animal fat from grease vents on restaurants can damage an asphalt-based roof and some other single-ply roofs, but it won’t hurt a PVC roof.
- Fire resistance – PVC roofs have a good fire-resistance rating. This can be intensified by using different types of roof insulation under the PVC.
- Great wind uplift resistance. This is important if you live a high wind area or have a high-rise building.
- Ease of installation – Compared to asphalt-based roofing, PVC roofs are easy to install. There is no kettle, there are no torches, all the corner pieces, pipe flashings, and several other flashing components are pre-made, thereby easily installed. There are a lot less seams with PVC roofs that with asphalt-based roofs, too. However, the seams take more time to deal with.
- Not nearly as thick as asphalt-based roof systems making them more susceptible to damage.
- PVC roofs can be very slick, you have to be carefully when you walk, especially if the roof is wet.
- Can stretch or shrink over time (mostly shrink). This causes roof failure. It’s not something that usually happens right away, it takes years and years.
We can perform flat roof replacement services on all types of flat roofing systems:
- TPO (Thermoplastic Polyolefin)
- EPDM (Ethylene propylene diene monomer)
- BUR (Built Up Roofing)
- Modified Bitumen (Tar & Gravel)
We value our clients and believe in 100% customer satisfaction. We provide a 7 year leak free warranty (*on new work only). Stop waiting and contact us today! for a PVC flat roof replacement cost quote.