TPO Flat Roof Repair
TPO Roofing Systems - Flat Roof Repair
The first step in repairing any TPO roofing membrane is to ensure your repairs are being done in the right location. Just because water is pooling in one spot or leaking in a certain area does not mean that spot is where the issue is. Have your TPO roofing system thoroughly inspected by a professional. A minor patch-up or seam repair is much more cost effective than a flat roof replacement of an entire section of your roof.
Depending on the severity and location of your TPO flat roof leak we could apply a bonding adhesive in either liquid or tape form which will fuse with the current TPO roof membrane. Thermoplastic material does not "cure" on the rooftop once installed so the sheet can be repaired with proper surface preparation even after roof top exposure.
With years experience in the commercial TPO roofing industry Roof Maintenance.ca roof technicians have repaired hundreds of TPO roofs, only once. When we repair it is not a band-aid solution, the result is a complete and lasting repair. Call us for more information on repairing you TPO roofing system.
When this type of system is properly maintained and repaired it is highly resistant to wind because the sheet is completely fixed to the substrate. Another benefit of TPO Flat Roofs is the ability to fuse the sheets together with a hot air weld which results in a bond that is actually stronger than the sheet itself. So after a quality repair your TPO roofing system is actually stronger than before. Roof flashing details, such as exhaust vents, pipes and parapet corners are also completed using hot air welds and flashing material.
A repair benefit of TPO membrane, reinforced and non-reinforced, is that it is 100% recyclable during the production process. During production, if the need arises, the roof membrane can be ground into "rework" and this regrind can be incorporated into the bottom ply during the extrusion process to produce new TPO product. This process results in 100 percent reuse of recycled product.
The Economical, Cost-effective Roofing System for Long-term Wear & Energy Savings
TPO thermoplastic single ply systems are based on advanced polymerization technology that combine the durability and weatherproof properties of ethylene-propylene (EP) rubber with the heat-weldable capability of polypropylene. This membrane is specifically formulated for long-term weather resistance without the use of either polymeric or liquid plasticizers.
In addition, TPO membranes will not host mildew, bacteria or algae, so that reflectivity remains high, helping reduce air conditioning loads and the urban heat island effect. They are also made without plasticizers or chlorinated compounds for a superior environmental roofing solution.
TPO singly ply systems come in wide sheets to help make installation faster and easier on new roofing and re-roofing applications, resulting in fewer seams and less material. Warranties are available for up to 20 years.
Benefits of Flex TPO Single Ply Roofing System
- White reflective "Cool Roof" surface helps reduce cooling energy costs
- Heat welded seams are stronger than the membrane itself
- Easy to weld with wider hot air welding window
- High tack, self-adhering grade available
- Made without liquid or polymeric plasticizers
- Chlorine-free, no halogenated flame retardants
- Excellent chemical resistance to acids, bases, and restaurant exhaust emissions
- Exceptional resistance to solar UV, ozone, and oxidation
- Low water vapor permeance and water absorption
- Hot melt extrusion processed for complete scrim encapsulation
- Warp knitted fabric (not woven) for smooth surface and greater thickness-over-scrim
- Polyester reinforcing fabric resists degradation by bacteria, mildew and fungi
- Environmentally sustainable, recyclable at end of life cycle
- Qualifies for LEEDâ„¢ credits
Is your current TPO roofing system damaged beyond repair? Let us help you, contact us today for a free quote or learn more about our TPO flat roof replacement services.
We service all types of flat roofing systems:
- EPDM Roofing Systems (Ethylene propylene diene monomer)
- BUR Roofing Systems (Built Up Roofing)
- Modified Bitumen Roofing Systems (Tar & Gravel)
- PVC Roofing Systems (Polyvinyl Chloride)
Choosing us to perform your commercial flat roof repairs is the right decision. We value our clients and believe in 100% customer satisfaction. We provide 7 year leak free, product and labor warranty. Stop waiting and repair your roof today!